Through my fathers courageous battle with Cancer, I found my purpose in life. I am a Cancer Advocate, and my goal is to help change the way the world views and manages Cancer.
Find and Stop Breast Cancer
Find and Stop Kidney Cancer
Find and Stop Lung Cancer
Find and Stop Colon Cancer
Co-Developed-The Robert Ryan Cancer Protocol, the first medical protocol leveraging the European Organization for the Research an Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) QLQ 30 Quality of Life Index, into a social network user interface.
Leveraging the Robert Ryan Cancer Protocol for the purpose of raising the Quality of Life (QoL) of a Cancer Patient. http://www.scribd.com/doc/48142383/Robert-Ryan-Cancer-Protocol. Co-Founded Cancer.im, in memory of my Dad, and everyone who has ever lost someone they loved to Cancer.
Cancer.im a social networking website for cancer patients, advocates, volunteers, friends, and family. Cancer.im is becoming the primary resource on the Web for people affected by cancer, for the purpose of making a difference in their own lives and the lives of others. The goal of www.cancer.im is to assist the cancer patient raise their quality of life (QoL) by allowing them to leverage one or all of the 15 cancer specific social support modules that have been developed including:
• Learn how to accept their disease;
• Find a cancer sponsor;
• Organize and mobilize their support network;
• Organize medical records electronically;
• Organize insurance and finances;
• Research their disease;
• Find an oncologist and hospital;
• Change their priorities and increase quality of life;
• Adopt an exercise plan;
• Adopt a healthy diet;
• Research and register medications to determine adverse drug interactions;
• Prepare for treatment and mitigate side effects;
• Build a custom strategy to beat the disease;
• Share wisdom and experiences about how they went from patient to survivor for other patients;
• Become cancer sponsors to help future cancer patients get the most out of Cancer.im.